The Thai wedding ceremony will be held on the upper floor of Serene Restaurant. The hour plus long wedding ceremony must be completed before noon in compliance with the Buddhist monks who have to return to the temple by midday.
Number of guests
Dara Samui Beach Resort is a small boutique resort. At for the wedding venue, we can set-up for up to 30 guests.
Did You Know
Buddhism is as much philosophy as it is religion. The open minded and tolerant nature of the faith allows the monks to perform wedding rituals for those who have never practiced the religionor know little about it.
The traditional ceremony sequence marks the couple's sacred commitment to lifelong togetherness. This ceremony is called “SaiMoongKon”, where the couple is blessed by the monk's prayers and where their engagement will be marked by draping a sacred flower chain around their head, symbolizing their commitment to one another.
Gifts and small donations are presented by the couple to the monks to worship their blessing – included in the package price.
After the blessing ceremony by the monks, it is time for family and friends to offer their blessings to the couple. They do this by gently pouring holy water over the couple's hands. This ceremony is called “Rot Naam Sang”. Our team will be on hand to guide the couple throughout the ceremony.
Thai Wedding Package includes:
- Ceremonial decorations at the wedding venue with flower arrangements – large flower arch, flower garlands for the Bride and Groom, heart shaped floral decor and baskets of roses
- Professional hairdresser services for the Bride
- Flower bouquet for the Bride and corsage for the Groom
- Thai Long Drum troupe from guestroom to wedding venue
- Transportation for monks for the wedding ceremony, specially prepared meal for monks, flowers, offerings and cash donation
- “SaiMoongKon” blessing ceremony by monks
- “Rot Naam Sang” water blessing ceremony by family and friends
- 3–pound Wedding cake
- Dara Samui Marriage Certificate (non-legal)
- Complimentary upgrade from Superior Room to Deluxe Room or Dara Villa from the day of the wedding until the end of your stay
- Floral decoration and deluxe fruit basket set-up in the room on the wedding day
- One bottle of sparkling wine in the room
- Room service breakfast on the first morning after the wedding
- Private two–way transfer Samui Airport – Dara Samui – Samui Airport for Bride & Groom
The price for our Thai Wedding package is Thai Baht (THB) 69,000 inclusive of 10% service charge and 7% government tax. Accommodation, entertainment, food and beverage are not included.
Wedding package will be arranged for guests staying in Dara Samui. This package is not valid between 26 December and 10 January.
For more information or queries, please send us an email to email@example.com